I teased this at the end of Episode 18 of OCD, but I've decided to try something different within the show. In addition to all the normal segments that we do each week, I'd like to start a "Book Club" of sorts for Graphic Novels. What this means is that each month we'll pick a particular graphic novel for us (and hopefully you guys) to acquire over the month and read it. Then, probably at the end of the month we'll spend some time during that week's OCD to talk about the book, what we thought, hear what other people had to say, etc. The goal of this is to introduce people (mainly myself) to things that we wouldn't normally read, so the choices will sometimes be off the wall or sometimes they might be the first trade of a series. Either way, for those of you looking to get into comics this will be a great way of trying out new stuff.
This month's book was something we discovered in OCD #17: The Adventures of Ook and Gluk by Dav Pilkey!
Here's how YOU can participate:
- Get a copy of the book each month (Short on cash? Look at your local library, many have graphic novel sections)
- Send us an email letting us know what you thought of the book: firstname.lastname@example.org -- we'll take some of the responses and read them on the show.
- You can also send me quick thoughts about the book by @ replying to me on twitter (http://twitter.com/ChrisTheProf) using the hashtag #ClubOCD.
- If enough people get involved, I may look into setting up some forums or something to let people discuss the books with each other.
- Use one of the above methods to suggest a book for next month!
As you can see, there's plenty of ways for people to get involved in this, and I look forward to reading a bunch of good stuff this year! Let me know if you have any comments/questions/suggestions!
*Image taken from Scholastic's website, click the pic to go to the listing in Amazon.